The home is not always the safest or most stimulating environment for the person with dementia because family members are unsure how to adapt the home to meet the needs of their loved one.
With the proper accommodations, a safe and stimulating environment can be achieved that helps our loved ones maintain their purpose, independence, and individualism.
During this workshop we looked at how families can find a balance between safety and allowing the person with dementia to continue to stay active throughout the home.
Join the Together in This Facebook Group:
The Alzheimer’s and Dementia Friendly Home
This workshop will empower you to:
- Understand the relationship between functionality and safety
- Provide a stimulating and safe environment
- Identify and reduce behavioral triggers
- Incorporate inexpensive home modifications
- Maintain purpose and dignity by altering processes
- Turn dangerous situations into bonding opportunities
This handout can be used in conjunction with watching or listening to the replay below:
Or listen on the go:
Download the audio file by clicking the down arrow below:
View the full library of empowerment training seminars:
Dementia Empowerment Training Seminars
If you wish to be notified about upcoming events, you can register here: Subscribe to Upcoming Empowerment Event Notifications.
Questions or thoughts? Let me know by commenting below: