This dementia care workshop kicks off the series What the Hell are You Talking About? where we teach you new ways and ideas to help you communicate and connect better with people who have Alzheimer’s disease and other kinds of dementia.
This workshop, It’s on the Tip of My Tongue, talks specifically about finding the right words when you can’t and what to do and not do when it happens.
Using real-life examples, Susan Macaulay of MyAlzheimersStory.com teaches us:
- 10 Alzheimer’s / dementia “word search” tips
- 5 benefits of “silence”
- 5 questions to create understanding
Please watch the replay by clicking below:
Or listen on the go:
Download the audio file by right clicking directly on the play button below and selecting “Save audio as.”
As discussed in the workshop, to help you continue your educational process, here are the materials we mentioned:
- 10 Question handout – download, print, and then answer the questions after you watch the 2 short videos below
- A parable about not being helpful: The butterfly’s struggle
- 3 books and one loving video that will change the way you see Alzheimer’s dementia
If you wish to be notified about upcoming events, you can register here: Subscribe to Upcoming Empowerment Event Notifications.
Questions or thoughts? Let me know by commenting below: