Thank you for your interest in being a guest on The Alzheimer’s Podcast.
It will be wonderful to collaborate with you.
My goal as an educator is to provide streamlined “how-to” information to the family caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
And, as I say at the beginning of each episode, “My goal is always to empower you to maintain a positive experience, reduce and eliminate the need for medications, and make your time together with those you care for, the best it can be.”
I should also mention that although I intended my primary focus to be the family, at least half of my audience is a dementia-care professional, so we have a mixed audience.
- Recordings are conducted via Skype, Zoom, or an equivalent software. Skype is preferred due to it’s high quality.
- I only record the audio, so you don’t have to worry about being on video.
- Quality is very dependent on your setup. Is your microphone embedded in your computer or camera, USB, part of your headphones, etc? Is your computer newer? Is it an Apple or a pc? All of these things will impact quality but I will work with you to make the process as simple as possible.
- Solutions don’t have to be expensive. For instance, I’ve been told this $25 headset rocks: Logitech USB Headset
- I want to provide the best quality listening experience for our listeners. I believe you want the same for your brand. Therefore, I always conduct a “meet and greet” meeting with my guests prior to doing the actual recording.
- For this meet and greet, you should plan to use the same setup you intend to use for the actual recording. This includes your microphone, headphones, computer/phone, and a quiet recording area of your home or office.
- I will record a few minutes of this meeting so that I can analyze it afterwards to ensure good quality.
- This meeting can be quick, but I do prefer to get to know you so please be willing to plan at least 30 minutes.
- The actual recording will happen at a later date, unless I am very confident you have a quality setup.
- Episodes are approximately 30 minutes in length.
- Your topic should have a “how to” element unless you are educating about a specific topic or sharing a personal story.
- If you have written articles/essays on this topic, please share so that I can properly prepare.
- I will provide talking points to guide us but I encourage a free-flow to the conversation.
- Editing is a lengthy process so it may take me a couple of days to have the episode ready for publication. The actual date of publication depends where our recording session falls on the calendar and when I have an available slot.
- A guest article is also encouraged to provide maximum exposure for you; see my contributing writer guidelines if you are interested.
- We will definitely introduce your product, service, or other information to the audience.
- Social media and/or newsletter sharing is highly encouraged.
Here’s The Alzheimer’s Podcast library of past episodes
If you are interested, or if you have any questions, please contact me at: MikeGood@TogetherInThis.com.