The Alzheimer’s Podcast:
Helping You Continue on the Right Track
Hello, and welcome to episode 9 of The Alzheimer’s Podcast. I’m Mike Good.
As always, I appreciate you choosing to join me to listen to this podcast where my goal is always to empower you to maintain a positive experience, reduce and eliminate the need for medications, and make your time together with those you care for, the best it can be.
The podcast is no longer being produced or hosted on podcast platforms. But you can listen to or download the episode by clicking the text below:
Click this text to open a new window where you can play the audio or click the 3 dots to Download
Prefer Video? Watch Here:
In this episode, I’m continue my Introduction to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia series to help you build a foundation of knowledge.
In case you missed it, episode 7 kicks off this series. In that episode, I discuss the history of Alzheimer’s and share how relatively short society’s awareness of the disease has been.
I talk about the relationship between dementia and Alzheimer’s, and the prevalence of the disease worldwide – over 27,000 new cases worldwide each day!
I discuss what Alzheimer’s is, how it affects the brain, and how it progresses. This includes the stages, and how to find the positive, you must reframe your view of the disease by identifying remaining abilities rather than focusing on loss.
Here’ what I’ll be discussing during this episode:
- Theories to the causes and the risk factors of getting Alzheimer’s
- What can be done to prevent Alzheimer’s
- What research is being done
- I’ll discuss clinical trials and studies
- How it affects the brain
- And I will conclude with a discussion on why maintaining hope matters
This episode completes the overview of the basics of Alzheimer’s disease. Over the next couple of episodes, I’ll start to dive deeper into topics such as testing, treatments, the psychological aspects of the disease, getting support, etc.
Take care and I look forward to talking with you in the next episode!
- Short Video: The Genetics of Alzheimer’s
- Fact Sheet: Genetics and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Research Paper: Environment Contributes to Disease
- NIA Guide: Hope Through Research
- TinT Resource:
Clinical Trials and Alzheimer’s Disease: What Are They, and How Do We Participate?
- Hope Matters (Maryann Makekau) Article: Hope Universal
Leave a Reply