Caring for a loved one at home takes a lot of work, and typically you’ll have an agenda of the tasks (a “to do” list) you want to complete each day. But as we know the only constant in dementia care is change, so allowing your agenda to be flexible is your best chance at success.
In this dementia care workshop, Caregiver Goals – How to be Successful, dementia-care coach Connie Bohager teaches us how to have a daily plan that results in success.
You will learn how to:
- How to accomplish your goals without a struggle
- Why you should never reveal your agenda openly
- Ways to minimize your stress while helping your loved one
Please watch the replay by clicking below:
Or listen on the go:
Download the audio file by clicking the down arrow below:
As discussed in the workshop, here are the resources we mentioned:
- Dementia is My Name – a poem Connie shared
- My Name is Dementia – description of dementia by an anonymous caregiver
- The Validation Breakthrough – book recommendation
Susan Macaulay and I hosted a 30 minute follow up conversation as part of the Together in This Dementia Conversations series:
Are Caregiver Objectives Important?
If you wish to be notified about upcoming events, you can register here:
Subscribe for Upcoming Empowerment Event Notifications
Questions or thoughts? Let me know by commenting below:
Leave a Reply